Friday, December 31, 2010

Royal Albert - Primulette

Here is a pretty tea cup that I found at a garage sale this past summer.  It was sitting on a shelf amongst a number of other cups.  It was a bit over-priced for me (lol ... anything over $4 at a garage sale is "too much" for a tea cup for me ... I love a bargain!).  It's pretty pattern asked me to take it home anyway despite the price tag.
Such a pretty bouquet of yellow and purple primula flowers painted on a Countess shaped cup.  No gold trim on this one!  Just a simple green around the edges.
 This pattern was introduced in the 1940's.  It looks like Royal Albert released a number of different shaped cups with similar bouquets of Primula flowers over the years.
~ Royal Albert ~ Bone China ~ England ~ Primulette ~ Reg. Nº 843317 ~

1 comment: